Interested or Planning to Attend Augusta Independent?
A. I live within the school district limits and am interested in enrolling in K-12.
- Contact Guidance Counselor Chad Bryant and visit the school to enroll your child. See the list below of what is needed to enroll.
B. I live outside the Augusta Independent boundaries and am interested in enrolling in K-12.
- Visit the Board of Education Office to obtain information about the policies and tuition amounts for out of district students attending Augusta Independent. If space is available and students meet the requirements, they will be instructed to enroll at the school with Guidance Counselor Chad Bryant.
C. I am interested in enrolling my child in preschool.
- Contact Anita Jefferson or Amy Miller at 606-756-2105 for information about enrolling in preschool.
- Children who are possibly eligible for preschool must be 3 or 4 years old before August 01, 2021.
- The screening is the first step in getting your child into preschool, and it takes about 30 to 45 minutes.
- During the screening, parents must fill out a questionnaire on your child, so at least one parent/guardian must be present during the screening.
What documentation do I need to provide when registering my child in school?
- a legal birth certificate or other reliable proof of age and identification
- a current Kentucky certificate of immunization
- proof of a preventative health care examination conducted within six months prior to initial entry into the Head Start Program and another preventative health care examination within one-year priority to entry into the 6th grade
- proof of an eye examination between ages 3-6 by an optometrist or ophthalmologist, documented on the Kentucky School Eye Exam Form; documentation must be presented to the school district no later than January 1 of the first year that the child is enrolled
- proof of a dental screening or examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner or physician assistant, documented on the Kentucky Dental Screening Form (This form must be presented to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that a 5- or 6-year-old child is enrolled.)